Articles(Published in the Journal of Financial Planning)
- HECM Reverse Mortgages: Now or Last Resort?by Shaun Pfeiffer, Ph.D.; C. Angus Schaal, CFP®; and John Salter, Ph.D., CFP®, AIFA®
- Retirement Trends, Current Monetary Policy, and the Reverse Mortgage Market, by David W. Johnson, Ph.D.; and Zamira S. Simkins, Ph.D
- The 6 Percent Ruleby Gerald C. Wagner, Ph.D.
- Increasing the Sustainable Withdrawal Rate Using the Standby Reverse Mortgageby Shaun Pfeiffer, Ph.D.; John Salter, Ph.D., CFP®, AIFA®; and Harold Evensky, CFP®, AIF®
- Reversing the Conventional Wisdom: Using Home Equity to Supplement Retirement Incomeby Barry H. Sacks, J.D., Ph.D., and Stephen R. Sacks, Ph.D
- Standby Reverse Mortgages: A Risk Management Tool for Retirement Distributionsby John Salter, Ph.D., CFP®, AIFA®; Shaun Pfeiffer; and Harold Evensky, CFP®, AIF®
Contributors(Advocates of the HECM)
Alicia Munnell Educated at Boston University, and Harvard University, Munnell spent 20 years as an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, where she researched wealth, savings, and retirement among American workers. She served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and as a member of the Council of Economic Advisers. She is also a professor at Boston College and director of its Center for Retirement Research, where she writes on retirement income policy.
Robert Merton is a professor of economics at M.I.T. and was awarded the Nobel Prize in economics
Gerald Wagner -Harvard Business School:Received Ph.D. and Masters in Business Economics. Concentrations in Investments CEO of IBIS Capital
Barry H. Sacks J.D., Ph.D., is a practicing tax attorney in San Francisco, California. He has specialized in pension-related legal matters since 1973 and has published numerous articles in legal journals.
Harold Evensky is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) and president of Evensky & Katz, one of the most prestigious fee-only financial planning firms in the country.
Top 10 Most Influential People in the Financial Planning Profession" by Financial Planning Magazine. He is also cited by Accounting Today in their "Top Ten Names to Know in Financial Planning". Worth Magazine named Evensky as one of the top 100 Financial Advisers 5 years in a row
John Salter, Ph.D., CFP®, AIFA®, is an associate professor of personal financial planning at Texas Tech University and a wealth manager at Evensky & Katz Wealth Management
Shaun Pfeiffer, Ph.D., is an associate professor of finance and personal financial planning at the Edinboro University of Pennsylvania